Holiday on a Budget
With small children of our own we recognise the need to find cheaper/free days out when on holiday.
Call us "proper Yorkshiremen", but once we've paid for accommodation and fuel we start to look for fun ways of spending our family time without paying a fortune.
We want to help you do the same with some hints and tips:
- Over the last twelve months our local radio station Yorkshire Coast Radio have had some great half price vouchers for local attractions so it is definately worth keeping an eye out for them.
- Purchase one of our daily/weekly Swimming Pool passes - pool passes allow you to come and go from the swimming pool as often as you, or stay in as long as you like - they aren't just valid for one particular session. At £2.00 per person per day, it is great value!!
- Although the beach wasn't a popular choice last year we are hoping for some sunnier, dryer weather in 2013 so we can have time on the sand. Filey Beach is our favourite as it has miles of golden sands, however Cayton Bay is the closest and can be accessed from a lovely walk along the cliff tops at Crows Nest Caravan Park.
- How about a Treasure Trail? These are a great way of spending a morning or afternoon getting to know local towns and villages. They are great fun for all the family, look out for the murder mystery tours which are especially fun. Now sold in the Crows Nest Shop.
- A great family favourite of ours is Dalby Forest. For just £7 (approx) per car, a family can play/walk/cycle in the forest all day long. We take a picnic or items for a BBQ and have great, relaxing, family fun.
- Our play area costs nothing for our guests to use - take a picnic up to the Camping field and enjoy some great views of Scarborough Bay.
- Look out for discount vouchers when out and about. The Scarborough Sea Life Centre currently has 40% discount vouchers in the Crows Nest reception.