Guide to the Best Cafes on the Yorkshire Coast
Scarborough and Filey are full of restaurants, cafes and coffee shops to satisfy your taste buds.
Here are a few of the best cafes the two have to offer for a spot of lunch on your day out:
• Eat Me Café, 2 Hanover Road Scarborough- An award winning café that has become a town gem situated on the quiet back street behind the world famous Stephen Joseph Theatre. The café is open for breakfast, lunch and dinner so you will always find something suitable! Serving everything from coffee and cake to Thai curries to burgers all cooked to order the café has a quirky feel and is full of smiling faces.
• Café View, 57 Eastborough Scarborough- A family run businesses serving breakfast and lunch with a spectacular view of the sea. Described as ‘Superb’ by its visitors the café offers a wide range of choices fulfilling both meat eaters and vegetarians. It’s service and cleanliness are applauded by many of its customers.
• Mojo’s Music Café, 55 Victoria Road Scarborough- For a laidback lunch complete with live entertainment Mojo’s café is the place to go. The café has been feeding the town for 10 years and has an extensive menu offering choices to both vegetarians and vegans. Pop in for a warming soup, a filling jacket potato or a speciality tea and a tasty piece of flapjack and enjoy the reasonable prices and fantastic service.
• Deli Delicious, Market Hall St Helens Square Scarborough- Especially credited for its delicious and large breakfast Deli Delicious offers incredible food at low prices. Indulge into a full English with tea and fresh tiger bread for £3. Also popular for its pies with peas and gravy, full to the brim sandwiches and variety of ice cream milkshakes Deli Delicious will certainly fill you up without emptying your pockets.
• The Sugar Cube, 17 Church Street Filey- Known for its tasty homemade cakes and warm friendly service The Sugar Cube offers a quaint setting for afternoon tea or a well-deserved cake break. With a retro interior the café has baked goods ranging from Battenberg to Key Lime Pie. Savoury options are also available such as smoked salmon and cream cheese bagels. A good option for after a long dog walk as they are more than welcome too!
• Frothies, 3 Union Street Filey- With their own brand speciality coffee Frothies is the perfect spot for coffee lovers. They have a range of flavoured coffee beans but also have a variety of beverages such as milkshakes for those not so coffee keen! Loved by visitors for their ‘Doorstop’ bacon and sausage sandwiches their lunch menu and cake selection will compliment your coffee perfectly.
• Boddy’s of Bar Street, 19-25 Bar Street Scarborough- Tucked away from the hustle and bustle but still situated in the centre of town Boddy’s café is popular with both locals and tourists. From homemade quiche to huge fresh scones that you can enjoy either inside or outside if the weather is permitting. The staff are friendly and patient and all prices are exceptionally reasonable. The perfect spot when spending a day on the high street and your feet need a rest!
• Parlour Tearooms, 2 St. Nicholas Cliff Scarborough- Situated at the top of the tramway from the beach the Parlour Tearooms boasts a hard to beat breakfast buffet with tea or coffee for £5.95. As well as breakfast the tearooms have a variety of cakes and a comprehensive restaurant with themed evenings such as steak and curry nights.
• Redcliffe Farmshop and Café, Redcliffe Lane, Lebberston, Scarborough- With bags of character and delicious farmhouse food Redcliffe Café offers a varied homemade menu to satisfy all. Also on offer is a fabulous afternoon tea that is well fantastic value for money consisting of homemade cakes, sausage rolls and various other scrumptious components. Complete with a farm shop, gift shop and children’s play area you’ll be sure to have a pleasant experience.